Dear Families: The end of the year is going to fly by and we have lots of school events, both PTA and non-PTA related. Here are some important dates and you’ll find lots of details about PTA-related events below:
- Teacher Appreciation Week (May 2-6; bring in a flower on Monday, May 2)
- Kindergarten Information Night for Next Year’s Kinder Parents, Monday, May 2 (5:30-6:30PM)
- High Tech Annual PJ Day, Tuesday, 3; bring in $1 to wear PJs to school
- PTA Restaurant Night at Jim’N’Nicks BBQ, Wednesday, May 11 (4-9PM; Dine-in or Take-out)
- Kindergarten – 5th Grade Field Day, Tuesday May 17 (9-11AM)
- ECE Field Day, Wednesday May 18 (9-11AM)
- Buy One Get One Book Fair, May 20-26
WHAT IS CSC?
Have you heard Dr. Gile or another parent mention CSC meetings? CSC stands for Collaborative School Committee and each Denver Public School has a CSC made up of community stakeholders, including educators, parents, and community members. The group serves as a leadership body for school accountability with the goal of enhancing student achievement, parent engagement, and school climate through collaborative efforts. As the DPS Website states, CSC:
Works with school leaders to provide feedback on important school decisions. These decisions may include ways to improve academic performance, budgets, and the school’s program. The CSC is also responsible for evaluating their principal on leadership and collaboration.
The group meets monthly on the 4th Tuesday during the school year from 5:30-7PM. During the 2016/2017 school year, Trisha Pshak, Donna Nakamura, and Brittany Miller have been elected to serve as our parent representatives. CSC meetings are informative and parents are invited to attend and listen. If you have a second, read notes from the most recent meeting to see what type of topics the group is covering or visit the High Tech school Website to see all past agendas and notes.
TEACHER APPRECIATION WEEK: MAY 2-6
Our wonderful PTA has planned many events for this special week in order to show our High Tech staff how much we appreciate them. In addition to what the PTA has planned, please feel free to have your child(ren) write a note, card or provide other gestures for teachers and staff.
We are asking for parent help on Monday, May 2, room parents will be collecting flowers to make arrangements for teachers. We would like to ask that every child brings in ONE (1) flower for their teacher in the morning on Monday, May 2. Please bring the flower(s) to the cafeteria and our room parents will arrange them and deliver arrangements to the teachers later that day.
Thank you for your support in showing our teachers how much we appreciate them. If you have any questions or if you would like to volunteer for any of the related events, please contact Jenna Conner.
TEACHER APPRECIATION WEEK SCHEDULE
- Monday, May 2: Flowers for Teachers (see above, each child brings in a flower for their teacher and bouquets will be made and provided to teachers)
- Tuesday, May 3: Happy Hour after school for HTES staff at Jim N’ Nicks (staff only event)
- Wednesday, May 4: Gift cards for HTES staff
- Thursday, May 5: Afternoon snacks for HTES staff
- Friday, May 6: Lunch in the Teacher’s lounge for HTES staff
PAJAMA “PJ” DAY: TUESDAY, MAY 3
In an effort to “help put homelessness to bed,” High Tech Elementary School will be participating in PJ Day with Denver’s Road Home on Tuesday, May 3. For many of us, putting on pajamas before heading to bed is just another part of our daily routine. But for the thousands of people who are homeless throughout Denver, getting comfortable before bedtime – let alone finding a warm place to sleep – is simply not an option. PJ Day serves as a visible reminder that everyone needs a place to sleep tonight, and wearing our pajamas to work or school on May 3, is a memorable way for us to share this message with the Denver community.
How can you get involved? On May 3, you and your family can do one or more of the following:
- Donate $1 to Denver’s Road Home, so that your child can wear PJs to school (have your child bring the $1 with them to school on May 3)
- Bring in canned foods for our school food drive
- Send funds with your child to school on May 3 for Denver’s Road Home
- Share your PJ Day photos and experience on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram using #PJDayDEN
RESTAURANT NIGHT – MAY 11 FROM 4-9PM @ JIM’N NICK’S
Mark your calendar for Restaurant Night at Jim’N’Nicks Bar-B-Que in The Shops at Northfield Stapleton on Wednesday, May 11 from 4-9PM — Dine-in OR Take-out — 15% will be donated back to HTES. Don’t forget to mention the special promotion when ordering and paying for your order.
Stay up-to-date on everything PTA: add yourself and your family to MySchoolAnywhere.